Friday, December 25, 2009

Why I haven't posted in a while

It's been almost 3 months since I last posted! Wow, time flies.

This time, however, it was not me simply being too busy to write about my experiences. Rather, it was the timing of a JAMA paper that came out with some interesting data on medical students and patient privacy. As I was processing all this, I thought it would be better for me to hold off posting anything on this blog.

Here are some news articles about the paper that was published. (There were plenty more in case anyone is interested in reading them). They should give you an idea of what I am referring to:

Time Magazine
CNN

Soon after this, our medical school issued a statement and I quote a small segment of that statement: "Specifically, students are prohibited from sharing personal expressions, in the form of text, photos or video, that violate patient confidentiality, violate the doctor-patient relationship or depict illegal activities."

My hope is that I haven't violated any patient privacy in my posts during these past 6 months or so. However, I will be getting in touch with the administration to clarify a few things before I fully resume blogging - I have actually missed it quite a bit!

Since my last post - I have completed a month of outpatient medicine, one month of general surgery and 2 weeks of trauma surgery - I have plenty of stories to share and look forward to doing exactly that!

1 comments:

Dina said...

Life keeps getting more complicated.

But glad to hear a sign of life from you meanwhile.
Good luck!

blogger templates |