Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cricket - after about a year

Yesterday was a fantastic day - and not fantastic because we finished our GI lectures. Fantastic because I got to play cricket after about a year or so, and it made me realise how much I miss it. It was about 37°F (Yup, that's about 3°C) outside but the 9 of us that were out (mostly undergrads) had a blast! It took me a while to get back into my groove but soon I was hitting the ball around the ground. I have calmed down in almost every aspect of my life, but any board game or sport like cricket will bring out the slight competitive streak in me.

I probably should have been studying for my Tuesday exam instead of playing cricket. However, I was inspired by a quote from an Orthopedic surgeon that spoke at one of our careers in medicine sessions earlier yesterday:

"Noone at their death bed says, I wish I had worked a little bit harder in my life"

I took that as my sign to play cricket for a couple of hours and find balance in my life. I do not regret a single second of that. But now, the rest of the weekend will be spent with my GI notes...

0 comments:

blogger templates |