Tuesday, February 17, 2009

GI Block

We are currently on our Gastrointestinal (GI) block. This started about 3 weeks ago and we have our exam next Tuesday (i.e. I should be studying instead of writing - oops). We've been learning a whole lot ranging from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) to colorectal surgery to liver diseases. For being the second-to-last one, I must say I was surprised by how "busy" (read: lots of studying) this block has turned out to be. I have been trying to juggle boards studying with GI but that has been hard to do.

There's the constant feeling of "I should be studying for the boards" instead of studying for GI and vice versa. This next month will continue to be like this and hopefully by the time 2nd year comes to an end (on March 16th), I will be mentally prepared to take the following 6 weeks to buckle down and put in the required time and effort for preparing for the USMLE Step 1 exam!

0 comments:

blogger templates |